Note to Readers

My resolve to keep my blog up to date is having varied results.

Until I get my act together, I'll continue to post mundane details of my life (and Doctor Who retweets) on twitter at @cozmicrain, and quick snippets of thought (and reblogs of cats in tights) on tumblr at Casual Bubbles.

Please come visit!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coming out of hiding

Sigh. I thought I was on a roll. Even if I was only posting Tell Me Thursdays, at least I was posting weekly. Then I hit a busy week and the Tell Me Thursday questions made me think more (I'm so bad at questions like "What fictional character would you like to be. I think too hard about my answers) so I put it off and then got exhausted. And I find the reasons for my continued absence amusing.

I recently decided I've got some anxiety issues. They've always been there but have gotten worse and mostly seem to revolve around things that need to be done and not having enough time (my time management is not what it used to be and I'm always running late). When I get overwhelmed about everything I have to do (and it doesn't take much these days), I tend to shut down and not want to do anything. Out of sight, out mind, right? Of course that just allows more stuff to pile up. It's a vicious cycle.

I knew I needed to get back to my blog to write and to finish my redesign (which I'm doing by myself even though I really don't have the necessary skills). Add that to everything else I've been doing the last couple weeks and I did shut down and this is where things start to amuse me. Normally, when I'm avoiding real life, I procrastinate with the internet or TV. But part of what needed to be done was on the internet. That's the only reason I can come up with for why I barely touched my computer while I was in hiding. I checked my Twitter feed and my email on my phone and used my laptop to look up a few things but I also went days without once opening the lid. So unlike me. My husband constantly teases me about the time I spend on the computer and when I get annoyed about things loading too slowly, he tells me he's sad that I'm fighting with my "best friend."

So yeah, that's why it sorta cracks me up that I was hiding from real life but also from my number one hiding place.




No comments:

Post a Comment