Note to Readers

My resolve to keep my blog up to date is having varied results.

Until I get my act together, I'll continue to post mundane details of my life (and Doctor Who retweets) on twitter at @cozmicrain, and quick snippets of thought (and reblogs of cats in tights) on tumblr at Casual Bubbles.

Please come visit!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tell Me Thursday (done before dinner this time!)



Tell Me Thursday questions courtesy of New Mommy Confessions.

  1.  What other "weekly" blog events do you follow? Honestly, not much of anything. I like to read   the weekly wrap up over at The Bloggess but that's about it right now.
  2. What was the best part of your week so far?  Jake has said/done some really cute/funny/affectionate things this week and while I can't remember them all right now, the fuzzy "awww" feelings they left behind still linger.
  3. What was the worst part of your week so far? I'm going to count this week as since the weekend and say the first few days after Penny's spay were a little stressful. She wasn't eating and the vet was being very unhelpful. Maybe that whole situation is a post for another day.
  4. Groundhog prediction? Today's Groundhog's Day?
  5. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? New Mommy Confessions mentioned grammar issues. As an English major who wanted to be a high school English teacher, I used to have grammar/spelling pet peeves. I agree with her that a lot of the text speak is really annoying but as the years have gone by, I've lost a lot of my grammar pet peeves. I have some really intelligent friends who, for perfectly good reasons, have problems with grammar and spelling. And anyone who has ever chatted with me on gtalk or facebook messenger (or aim back in the day) knows I'm horrible with typos. I think too fast and often the conversations go too fast for my sluggish fingers. And in such a casual atmosphere, I let it go more often than I fix it. This also accounts for why I shorten some words (probably to prolly, pregnant to pg, etc). It's just easier to keep up with my brain! That really doesn't answer anything about my current pet peeves, so, um...drivers who blatantly either don't know how to drive or just ignore the rules, and people who are jerks and put other people down. Like Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a dick!"

No comments:

Post a Comment