Note to Readers

My resolve to keep my blog up to date is having varied results.

Until I get my act together, I'll continue to post mundane details of my life (and Doctor Who retweets) on twitter at @cozmicrain, and quick snippets of thought (and reblogs of cats in tights) on tumblr at Casual Bubbles.

Please come visit!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tell Me Thursday for February 9, 2012


Tell Me Thursday questions courtesy of New Mommy Confessions.

  1. Holy Crap! Valentine's Day is around the corner! What do you have planned? Eek. I swear I have gotten so bad at planning neat things in the past few years. I used to do all sorts of creative, homemade things. Yeah, I've got nothing planned for the husband. I was thinking of making cute little snacks for Jake's class next Thursday. We'll see. 
  2. What do you usually do for Valentine's Day? Any traditions? Not really. Sometimes we get take out. Sometimes we watch a movie or a DVR'd TV show. Wow. We're pretty boring.
  3. Do you send out cards to friends or family? No, not usually. I'm going to try to get Jake to make something for some close family this year, though.
  4. What's something about you most people don't know? It's interesting trying to think of something people don't know about me but that I would actually want them to know. I mean, I'm sure most people don't know how much of a slob I can be (only people who have lived with me can truly attest to the sheer amount of laundry and clutter I can accumulate), but do I really want people to know that? Well, I guess they do now. For a slightly less damaging example, I always wanted to be popular and cool when I was in grade/middle/high school. In college, I decided I just wanted to be liked by those who knew me. So I let a little more of my inner weirdo/dork/nerd/geek/whatever show. Now I find that while trying to fit in all those years, I missed out on the full development of that side of me. So many people might not know that I'm trying to make up for that by quietly feeding and building my inner geek* and it makes me totally feel like a wannabe, like I'm so not geek enough and I should just stop pretending. 
  5. Are you on Pinterest? If so, what one awesome thing have you pinned this week? I am. I'm kind of sporadic about it. I spend a whole day's worth of internet time pinning stuff and then go 2 months before I even look at it again. I use it a lot for recipes. I also find it really makes me want to do projects and I usually come away thinking I'm going to start packing my husband bento lunches and sandwiches in the shape of Mater or Ferb (keep in mind, my husband currently makes his own lunches). It never happens. But maybe someday. That being said, this is one of the 63 things I pinned on my last visit to my Pinterest account.

They stood still while someone ran around them with a sparkler and the photographer took a long exposure shot. I'm so going to have to try this someday! 

*There seems to be a big debate about what exactly a geek is vs a nerd vs a dork. I've seen Venn Diagrams, theory, quizzes, Wikis, and infographics. I think the jury is still out on this one.  

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that picture before and always thought it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete